As we start our second full year at Sequel Architecture, it feels like a great time for reaching out again to our friends. THANK YOU! Whatever your relationship with Sequel Architecture, you are an important part of our community. We couldn’t do the meaningful work we do without you: clients, suppliers, contractors, trades, other architects, supporters, city staff, historic preservation professionals, consultants, personal friends.
Here are some of Sequel Architecture’s 2021 highlights:
- The “Mikveh” project got under construction just as cold weather hit… but under the excellent management of Ball Team Construction, we have no doubt that it will turn out great!
- We helped InvestDSM move a house in the Drake neighborhood. We have also been fortunate to help this great organization plan for rehabilitation of 8 other properties.
- We hired our first employee! Michelle has been a great addition to Sequel Architecture. We congratulate her on completing the Architectural Technology program at DMACC in December and look forward to many more interesting projects with her on the team.
- We have performed 8 historic building assessments across Iowa (urban and rural communities) to assist conscientious owners in planning for sensitive rehabilitation.
- We have spoken at several community events across the state.
- We’ve navigated through the zoning process for an Accessory Housing Unit.
- We have expanded to work in Minnesota and are excited to take on projects in the Land of 10,000 Lakes!
- One of our first projects, the “Red Fox Inn” is nearing completion, installing trim in apartments as they ready for occupancy.
- We have taken on a diverse set of projects that includes everything from a porch rebuild to a hair salon, historic preservation consulting to development planning, Main Street revitalization/facades, additions, basements, brewhouse, office finish, commercial improvements, custom homes, kitchens, and many more!
In 2022, we are looking forward to a couple exciting (but still secret) projects that will change the face of Des Moines!
And what sort of update letter would this be if I didn’t also mention that Sequel Architecture would LOVE to talk with you about your upcoming projects? Historic preservation and adaptive reuse, home remodeling, additions, new build construction, Main Street consults, religious, restaurant, planning and city approvals, commercial tenant finish… pretty much anything.
Sequel Architecture is not like other firms. We’re small enough that you will always work with the principal, but not big so you’re paying for a lot of overhead. We are conscientious and engaged but also efficient. Our process is designed to help our clients make the right decisions at the right time and to be confident that they have the right information. We serve as a guide through the process and an advocate during construction.
Here’s to a GREAT NEW YEAR!
Steve Wilke-Shapiro, AIA